#small #business #online #degree
Small Business Management Training
- Regionally Nationally Accredited
- Low monthly payments
Penn Foster Career School’s Small Business Management career diploma program will teach you how to market your products or service, find the right sources to finance your business, and write an effective business plan. Small business managers are able to independently run a business, with responsibilities that include market research, financing and budgets, and maintaining business records. Penn Foster Career School offers online training courses to help you take the first step towards a career as a small business manager. You can complete this program in as little as three months.
Program Goal and Outcomes
The program goal for Penn Foster’s Small Business Management program is learn how to plan for success, market products or services, find the right sources to finance a business, and write an effective business plan step by step in order to start your own small business or manage a small business for someone else.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Identify the typical qualities and behaviors of successful entrepreneurs, and the benefits and drawbacks of starting one’s own business, buying a franchise, and purchasing an existing business.
- Develop clear, measurable goals and a comprehensive mission statement for a business.
- Comprehend techniques used in successful networking, including how to make a good first impression, how to introduce your business to a potential contact, listening skills, and how to follow up with a promising contact.
- Distinguish between primary and secondary research and determine appropriate question types for various research situations.
- Establish an effective marketing strategy which includes an advertising platform and a public relations campaign.
- Develop and draft a business plan according to a five-part comprehensive structure.
- Identify an appropriate business structure to match the business plan, including considerations for hiring management and staffing.
- Recognize the features and benefits of different types of funding in order to identify the right money sources for a particular business.
- Understand the range of legal regulations that affect starting a new business, including licenses, zoning approvals, and basic tax knowledge, and apply these to a business plan.
- Identify the components of a solid business team such as employees, suppliers, and distributors, and techniques used in identifying personal and business characteristics that will enhance a business.
- Comprehend the scope and function of the Internet, the advantages and hazards of an online presence, resources for developing an online presence, and features of successful commercial websites.
- Differentiate between types of pricing strategies and business evaluations, and use cost and expense data to prepare a budget as part of a business plan.
- Recognize the features and advantages of well-organized business records and how business records can be used to inform major business decisions.
Learning Aid: Start Your Own Business CD
As you know this is an online academic program. This means you will need high-speed internet access to begin your program. In addition, you will need access to a Microsoft Windows based computer running Windows 7 or later or an Apple Mac computer running OS X or later, and an email account to participate in and complete your program.
We reserve the right to change program content and materials when it becomes necessary.
Microsoft, Windows, and Windows XP are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation registered in the United States of America and/or other jurisdictions.
Apple, Mac, and OS X are trademarks of Apple, Inc registered in the United States of America and/or other jurisdictions.
To view a sample lesson from our Business Management courses online curriculum, click here.
Small Business Management Course Details
In the Penn Foster Career School Small Business Management training program you’ll cover topics such as:
- Developing business contacts and successful networking
- Writing business plans, financing, and preparing budgets
- Legal requirements and resources
Study small business management and prepare to take the first steps towards the career of your dreams at Penn Foster Career School. Contact us today to learn more.
State Licensing Information
Licensing and/or certification requirements for jobs in this field are not the same in every state and may include educational, testing, and/or experiential requirements beyond those offered by your Penn Foster Program. You should contact the state professional licensing board or similar regulatory body in the state(s) where you plan to work to determine their requirements before enrolling in your Program. Please click here for contact information for state licensing/regulatory boards and certain industry licensing information.
Small business managers can start their own business or manage one on their own in a variety of fields. Here are a few qualities that effective small business managers have in common:
- Flexible: You are productive despite changes to your business.
- Organized: A business has a lot of moving pieces to keep on track.
- Honest: A manager must make decisions that are ethical and responsible.
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
For people seriously thinking about having their own business, I would definitely take this program. My instructors were great. I want to thank Penn Foster for giving me the opportunity to improve my lifestyle.
– Beverly D. Small Business Management student
I would encourage anyone to enroll in the Small Business Management Program at Penn Foster. The one thing that I really enjoyed is that the program is career focused and up-to-date. I was able to gain the knowledge that I need in order to start, run, and maintain any type of business that I decide to open. Not to mention, I will be able to transfer all of my credits into my Business Administration degree program as this program is accredited. I am very happy with Penn Foster!
– George W. Small Business Management graduate
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Learning aids included: Start Your Own Business CD
- Goal-setting and progress-tracking tools
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster s online community. plus immediate membership in the Small Business Management academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
Does Penn Foster Career School have any tips or hints for Small Business Management students?
Contact your local Chamber of Commerce and ask for the free Small Business Startup Package, which contains a great deal of information on topics such as population statistics, license requirements, and taxes.